- Who is Olowu Oluwagbenga?
Oluwagbenga is growing young man with his arms wide open, accepting any opportunity, overcoming obstacles, scaling through challenges in his process of growth.
- What motivate you to become a model?
I’ve always wanted to be on the Frontline in this very wide world of fashion so I felt being a model is the right choice.
- You were King Western Nigeria 2020. Tell us what it is like to hold that position?
To be honest, it was kind of overwhelming at first, but then I realized it was about the crown or the title, it all narrows down to who you are. I basically just being ‘Me’ all through.
- How were you able to manage the position of pageant and school?
I made sure I wasn’t way in over my head, so I found a way to balance it and manage my time and actions properly.
- How as being a pageant king affected your life?
Well, being King isn’t a shoulder raising thing, so I kept on being humble and doing what I do best, ‘Me’
- Talking about gender inequality in Nigeria as male are considered subordinate to their female counterparts, what’s your take?
To me, I believe there shouldn’t be segregation with gender, afterall life is made of Male and Female for a reason.
7.What Was your project as a pageant king and how far have you gone with?
I planned on curating a photography class. The project is very much underway.
- What advice would you give to an aspiring pageant King?
Don’t let being King get to you, there was one before you, there’ll be another after.